What happens when we meditate?
by Cameron Storey
1. Firstly, all my negative physical-behaviours to self and others stop.
2. Secondly, all my outward-negative-emotional-reactions and projections onto self and others stop.
3. Thirdly, all my impulses to do negative-physical-behaviours arise and dissolve away. (one by one)
4. Fourthly, all my impulses toward emotional-reactions arise and dissolve away. (one by one)
5. Fifthly, all my subtle-cravings (habitual addictions) and my subtle-aversions arise and dissolve away.
6. The Natural mind is permanently calm and peaceful, loving and compassionate and still and ever-present.
*The first two steps happen the moment meditation starts.
*The 3rd, 4th & 5th steps constitute the battle between the meditation and the habitual mind. As the meditative mind increases, the reactive mind decreases until the process is finished. (This may take from a few years to many lifetimes)
Killing, stealing, sexual misconduct-(loveless sex, rape, child abuse, etc), lying, divisive speech, hurtful speech, idle chatter, over-exercising or under-exercising, over-eating, unconscious eating, etc
Desirous-attachment, anger, deluded-pride, ignorance, deluded-doubt, deluded-view, avarice, wrath, cruelty, resentment, hatred/self-hared, malice, arrogance, envy, jealousy, spite, covetousness, dishonesty, pretension, concealment, inconsideration, negligence, non-remorsefulness, dullness, over-excitement, non-faith, laziness, forgetfulness, non-introspection.
5 Inward-negative-thoughts (99% of all diseases thought to be caused from here)
6 All physical, emotional and mental distractions finished
back to Articles